South African ICT and consumer electronics distributor, Rectron, has announced availability of the Transcend JetDrive SSD Upgrade Kits and the JetDrive Lite Expansion Cards specifically aimed at MacBook users. These products enable customers to get more out of their MacBook computers, by offering them an easy way of increasing the memory almost instantly.
“Rectron is proud to be the first distributors in South Africa to stock the Transcend JetDrive SSD Upgrade Kits and the JetDrive Lite Expansion Cards,” says Renier Smit, Transcend’s Brand Manager at Rectron. “We’re confident that these products will address storage requirements, enabling MacBook users, to do even more”.
JetDrive SSD Upgrade Kit
The Transcend JetDrive Upgrade Kits are ideal for professionals looking to enhance the performance and capacity of their MacBook system. It is built on the next-generation SATA III 6Gb/s interface in order to achieve lightning-fast transfer speeds of up to 560MB/s. Upgrading to a Transcend JetDrive SSD will enable faster system boot up and application launch times, while offering the lag-free responsiveness and stability necessary for data-intensive computing and advanced gaming.
- JetDrive SSDs come bundled with all the tools necessary to facilitate the upgrade process, as well as an elegant USB 3.0 external drive enclosure aesthetically designed to look like a natural extension of the MacBook system.
- In just a few simple steps, the original, factory-installed SSD or HDD can be transformed into a sleek new USB 3.0 external storage device to store and backup documents, photos, music, and movies.
- The Transcend’s JetDrive SSD Upgrade Kits are available in capacities of up to 960GB and consist of four SSD models which fit MacBook computers from late 2008 onwards, each fully tested for compatibility and reliability, and backed by Transcend’s five-year limited warranty.
JetDrive Lite Expansion Cards
The Transcend JetDrive Lite series of expansion cards are specifically aimed at MacBook Pro with Retina display and MacBook Air users. There are four different models offered in 64GB and 128GB capacities. These cards are tailor-made to have an even profile with each specific model while providing an easy way to increase available storage to backup, store, and carry personal documents, photos, movies, and music.
- When inserted into the card slot of a compatible MacBook Pro with Retina display or MacBook Air, the JetDrive Lite will not stick out like an SD card and can therefore be left in place for on-the-go storage.
- Manufactured with reliable, top-tier MLC NAND flash chips, they boast blazing fast read and write speeds of up to 95MB/s and 60MB/s respectively.
- These cards are equipped with built-in ECC (error correction code), which automatically corrects potential transfer errors, and utilise a sophisticated wear-leveling algorithm for consistent long-life operation.
- For further peace of mind, JetDrive Lite cards are manufactured using a special COB (Chip-on-Board) technique, making them completely resistant to dust and water.
All Transcend memory cards are fully tested for compatibility and reliability, and carry Transcend’s renowned Limited Lifetime Warranty.
JetDrive SSD Upgrade Kits Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBEf1DDTuAE
JetDrive Lite Expansion Cards Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j35ydHqCK-4
Established in 1995, Rectron is a leading distributor of computers, peripherals and accessories. Rectron is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mustek Limited. Rectron has offices across South Africa and a channel extending into Southern Africa. For more information about Rectron’s proven track record, visit: www.rectron.co.za.
Transcend is a globally recognized leader in the manufacture of storage, multimedia and industrial products. Established in Taiwan in 1988, Transcend offers a full line of standard and proprietary memory modules, flash cards, USB flash drives, portable hard drives, solid-state drives, digital music players, card readers, multimedia products and industrial products. Transcend has established offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, The Netherlands, Japan, Korea, China and Hong Kong. As a customer-focused company, Transcend has the ability to quickly respond to the market's changing needs. For more information, please visitwww.transcend-info.com